How dysfunctional parents effected my mental health





-->



In this blog I am going to tell you guys my story. A story of a kid who loves his parents until he is known to truth.

I am a thin guy from my childhood. My body posture is bend , my arms are like a stick, my face is like a Skelton face. I am always a reason for laugh since my childhood. In my family I am the only kid who is thin. My brother, my cousins all are very fit and handsome. Therefore I feel shame going to the family parties because wherever I go I face comparison of me and my brother that he is so handsome and I look like a match stick. Due to which I lost my confidence and I always wanted to gain weight and be fit so that people praise me also. But how..? I was kid don’t know why I am so thin. These thoughts are killing me inside. One day I am watching a show on the TV where a psychologist said that “kids tell their parents everything how they feel and what things are bothering them”. So I decided to tell them so they can find the solution. On that day I ate my dinner went to bed and started thinking that next morning I will tell my situations to my parents and they will find a solution. Next morning is Sunday I wake up had a bath excited that my problems are solved now. I sit on my chair with my joint family everyone is sitting and had their breakfast finished then I started my talk. I talked facing my mother .

I said “mumma I also want to get healthy. This food not digest me properly I need medication. Where-ever I go people make fun of me. They make jokes about me. I cant bear it anymore”. When I started to say this my mother shown no interest as she is busy collecting dishes to wash. She gone to kitchen by replying me in irresponsive manner. That these are natural things gifted by God no doctor can help in it. All the family members who are sitting there shown no interest. It hurts me that no one has interest in my problems. Than I thought that I will tell it personally to every family member. I was close to my grandma I sleep in her room since I was little kid so I told him first but she shut my mouth by replying that “Don’t think these kind of stupid things just focus on your studies”. I was thinking in my mind that how can I focus when everybody even my teacher bullies me. Then I told to my father he and my mother has same mouth exactly like my mother he also shown no interest.
But i have a strong will power. I decided to wait for my teenage and at that time
I will go to gym and make myself fit. When I grown to 16 . I started to go to gym. The fees of the gym was Rs 400 per month. My pocket money was Rs 500. I gym for 3 months nothing happened to my body then after a year I again started gym. This time I am constant for 6 months but there is no effect on my body. Then slowly slowly I get to know the reason behind it that why I am not gaining weight. It is because my body doesn’t produce enough enzymes to digest food. I alone gained this knowledge from a very expensive hospital by collecting my pocket money. The bill was Rs 2500 which is collection of my birthday my relatives given to me. I told my parents all about this but they are not interested. Then after my checking doctor prescribed me medicines which are very expensive as a teenager I cant afford it. I asked my family to help but they stood tall on their point that it is natural. I never lost hope. I thought after passing my 18. I will not study more I do job and earn money and treat myself. But again my parents come in way they forced me to join college. They tease me every time. They taunt me. They abuse me in front of all relatives. In the end I joined college. But my condition is going worse day by day. Whenever I eat some food it suddenly comes out. I tried many times to describe this to my parents but they taunt me every time. They admitted me in a course I don’t have interest and abuse me every time if I not perform my best. I feel depressed now I stopped going out my house. Hanging out with friends and things I use to do first. As a result I stressed a lot and fall in depression. But the worst time come when I joined job after completing my graduation. People there always make fun of me because I am thin. It hurts me badly. It reminds me my childhood when other guys make fun of me. I fall in depression badly. Due to which I fall ill. But even if I am ill my family wants that I go to job daily and I don’t skip one day so I will made bad impression on my seniors. But I am dying inside. In the night I always think that what kind of parents they are. They don’t want their child to be happy. I left that job to get relief from depression. I started my own SEO business where I take small range projects. During my depression I need someone to talk with to share my feelings. I don’t have friends because my parents wont allow to me to hangout with my friends.




There are many more things in my heart. I will tell you next time. I think I am still in depression. I don’t have someone to express my feelings that’s why I am writing this blog. Hope you guys understand me. If you guys have any suggestion please contact me. I will be very happy to talk to you.

Contact me at

Facebook

Post a Comment

0 Comments